Sunday, July 11, 2010

Junior Camp One - Lawroweld

Camp is in full swing now. We've just finished our first week with campers. So far so good. Lawroweld is beautiful this year as always. Maine has always held a special place in my heart and always will. This is my 6th summer working at camp and my 15th summer being here. :) I always say that I'm going to do something different next summer, get a good paying job, ect. But, Lawroweld has this way of drawing you back in each year. I love it here. The sun shines down through the tall birch trees and a slight breeze comes off the lake rustling all the leaves. Birds chirp high in the trees and the sound of laughing children echos off the lake. At night the sky becomes lit up with millions of stars. There are no cities nearby and therefore no light to take away from the beauty of the stars. The lake is a fresh mountain cool and is crisp and refreshing as you dive in. I love this place and always will.


Junior one was a success! We only ended up with 26 kids for the week which was disappointing but it gave us more one on one time with the kids and I think that all of them had an amazing week. I started a new small group thing in the morning. We meet in the Nate Stoll Prayer Chapel, dedicated to my good friend Nate who worked here for many years with me that passed away this spring in a motorcycle accident. We've never had anything like this before and I think there was a few kids that really enjoyed it. From 7-8 I stay in the prayer chapel and kids can come and go as they please. We have a wailing wall set up in there and its been really awesome. The kids will come in and write their prayers and stick them in the wall and then take out someone else's prayers and pray for them. Every morning I've been teaching them a different concept of prayer and its been a true blessing to me also. I have learned so much in the process of teaching the kids. The Lord is really working in my life right now and I am being blessed.

Its sunday and Junior two will be starting this afternoon. We are suppose to have more campers this week and that would be awesome. I am the rock wall director this summer and its been going well. I ordered some new equipment and its pretty sweet. The kids are doing great with their climbing. During the time trial races this week I had a camp get up the 1st wall in 20sec. That beat my best time of 21sec. lol. He was great!

Well, I'm off to soak up some sun on the docks before campers begin arriving again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment