Sunday, July 25, 2010

Listening

If only we would learn to listen while we pray. Prayer is a conversation, is it not? Then why so often do we send up a ton of requests to God and then peace out. Thats like asking your parents if they'll help you do something but then leaving the room before you get a reply. The more I think about this the more I have been convicted about my own relationship with God and my personal prayer life.

Right now I am trying to listen but I am afraid of what i might hear. I feel as though there are going to be some big changes in my life very soon and I can feel the sands shifting. Although I'm scared I am also ready for it. I've felt uncertain about my future or what God wants for me for so long that I'm excited to learn and seek so that I can receive the peace that God has to offer when we're on the path He has planned for us.

Pray for me as I continue this journey. Oh, and today is the beginning of Teen camp and the end of Blind camp. All is still going well. Only 2weeks of camp left. CRAZY! Then less then 3weeks until May gets married. =) So many exciting things happening right now. I'm going to try and catch a nap before the teens arrive...

1 comment:

  1. Janna,
    This post was fun to read after the more recent ones. How awesome that God began working in your heart this summer to give you a heads-up regarding your life changing journey. (or lives-changing journey!) Wishing you success for the kids and the beginning of a lifetime of adventure. You're making a difference!
    UC Alumnus

    ReplyDelete