Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Elucidation

          I have an illicit relationship with art.
          Ever since I was young I have been drawn to and seduced by it, 
          time and time again.
          For so long I fell into the hands of beauty and surrounded 
          myself in its midst.
          With this came a deafening draw back;
          on my journey to envelop myself in beauty 
          I crucified any work of art   
          that didn’t fill this personification of perfection.
          Now I have discovered an amazing gift, buried inside me, 
          a captive of my ignorance.
          Worlds of opportunities present themselves as I 
          turn the key to each new door.
          My senses go crazy:
          I hear the pounding feet,
          feel the heat,
          smell the gunpowder,
          taste sweet victory,
          and envision the future.
          I’ve evolved from a speck of sand into a mountain,
          a raindrop into an ocean,
          a hermit into a king.
          Now I can examine deeper then the superficial beauty that 
          blinded me from true exquisiteness.
          I discovered my aptitude for interpreting surreptitious 
          meanings implanted in art from all across the ages. 
          Dieu Merci, I have finally escaped my naiveté, 
          and now have a new idolatry for art.
          My world has expanded from illicit relationships 
          with entrancing art,
          to adulterous experiences with the anecdote 
          behind every work of art.
          I am now moving, a stream of words shooting forth.
          I am wind, rustling the leaves of expression.
          I am a spider, spinning a web of words and images.
          I am a fire, burning passionately with new ideas.
          I am abstract a mix of bright colors.
          I am a magician, conjuring something into being where 
          there was nothing before.
          I am a harlot for art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment